Being sick is just plain UGH.
Aside from being able to binge watch your favorite Netflix series… there really isn’t anything pleasurable about being sick.
Watery eyes. Sinus pressure. Sneezing and sniffling. The list can go on and on (unfortunately), which is why it is super important for you to have a strong and effective immune system to keep you illness-free!
You were likely taught to cover your cough, sneeze in your elbow, wash your hands and disinfect germ-laden surfaces.
Protecting yourself from icky illnesses starts from within!
Here is how to build a strong immune system from the inside out:
1. Eat Whole Foods – These help protect your cells from free-radical damage.
- Organic fruits and vegetables are packed with antioxidants that protect against free-radical damage.
2. Exercise – Increases leukocyte levels that fight off infection.
- Aim for 30 minutes of daily movement, such as a brisk walk.
3. Relax – Yoga, t’ai chi and other relaxation techniques boosts your immunity and improves your sleep.
- Too much stress exposes your body to elevated levels of cortisol and adrenaline, which suppress immunity.
Now it’s time to take it up a notch!
These supplements, foods and herbs can help support and encourage a more robust and responsive immune system. Incorporating these into your daily care routine can certainly increase your body’s ability to fight off infection and illness and keep you incredibly healthy!
8 Must-Have Immunity Boosters:
- Your immune system requires vitamin C & D to function
- Vitamin C:
- Helps production of anti stress hormones
- Makes interferon, an immune system protein
- Stimulates production of infection-fighting white blood cells
- Lack of vitamin D increases your susceptibility to infection
- Essential mineral that promotes immunity
- Most common mineral in body (next to iron)
- Found in every cell
- Zinc depletion decreases function of immune system cells
- Contains vitamin C
- Compounds in elderberries may help block viruses from entering cells
- Limits viruses ability to spread
- Helps boost recovery time from illnesses
- Garlic Enhances immune function to protect against infection
- Contains vitamin C and zinc, which support immune response
- Gut-friendly bacteria are needed for a strong immune system
- Take a probiotic supplements or eat yogurt with live cultures or kefir 3-5 times per week to boost your immunity
- Green Tea is Considered a superfood for immune support
- Helps lower stress and relaxes you
- Olive Leaf Fights bacteria and viruses
- Helps fight against colds and the flu
- Can regulate your body’s inflammation response
- Promotes peak immune system performance