When you were younger I’m sure you heard the phrase “sit up straight.” This is great advice because healthy posture keeps your bones and muscles in alignment. If you often sit or stand with your back and shoulders hunched forward or with a phone cradled between your ear and neck… in time this can lead to fatigue, muscle strain and can even cause displacement of your internal organs.
Here are some tips on how to adopt good posture:
- Stand with your spine and head erect.
- Keep your chin parallel to the floor with shoulders level and knees forward.
- When seated, 40 percent of your weight should rest on your legs and feet.
- Sit with your hip joints slightly higher than your knees.
- When using a computer, be sure to relax your hand between mouse clicks.
Make it your aim to practice good posture. You’ll relieve muscle strain, protect your bones and you might even look a bit taller.